Sunday, December 8, 2019

Alameda Point to Alameda Beach


 The boat launch at Alameda Point is a construction project currently.  I was able to launch from the rock wall.  There were other people paddling enjoying the break in the rain from yesterday.


Encinal High School is in the background.  There is also a big construction project at the school.  I have a long history with this location.  This is where I graduated from High School, where I used to launch a Hobbie Cat, where I have caught leopard sharks off the rock wall, where I learned how to sail at the rec center on the former Navy base.  At high tide, with no wind and clear weather, this is a great place to go paddling.


There is a beach to launch inside the rockwall and the boat launch on the opposite side of the rock wall.  I launched from the rocks since the boat launch was closed and I needed to head outside the rockwall towards the SE



There were two person and four person crew boats getting setup to go rowing.


This is the location where the Alameda Community Sailing organization has classes during the Summer.  The outrigger canoe club practices here.




I enjoyed seeing a few harbor seals popping their heads up to check me out.


This was the longest paddle for me yet a couple miles down the beach.  I ended up by Park St. on Alameda Beach landing right before the bird sanctuary wild life refuge.  I packed up the kayak and got a ride back to the Alameda Point boat dock.

Link to the picture album on Google:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/xEo8sgDhDRJwas9F8

SF Bay Water Trails page:  http://sfbaywatertrail.org/trailhead/encinal-beach/
Site Report:  http://sfbaywatertrail.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/EncinalBeach_WaterTrailSiteReports_Sept2017.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment