Tuesday, March 17, 2020

MLK Shoreline 3-17-2020

Back from vacation 3 hours before the shelter in place order.  The next day, I double checked to make sure that kayaking is OK as a necessary outdoor activity that maintains social distancing.  I keep my distance from others out on the water.


The East Bay Regional park gates are closed so I needed to launch the Advanced Elements Straightedge 2 from the rocks at low tide.  There is also an improvised asphalt boat launch off Doolittle drive if you don't want to risk carrying the kayak over jagged rocks and mud.  The boat launch is directly across from the Aviation Museum.


It was a little tricky getting launched at very low tide.  When out of the channel, I would often stir up the mud hitting the shallow bottom.


The water fowl like Coots and Sand Pipers are feasting when the tide is low.  They mostly ignore me if I maintain adequate distance.


Paddled for a couple hours up and down the San Leandro Bay beside Doolittle Dr.  A little noisy from the cars passing by but peaceful with all the birds around.

No comments:

Post a Comment