Saturday, March 14, 2020

Pokai Bay, Oahu, Hawaii 3-14-2020

After the theft of my inflatable kayak earlier in the week, I wasn't going to let this stop me from having a great vacation and getting back out on the water.  I rented a hard shell kayak for a half day from West Coast SUP.  Rolled the kayak to Pokai beach and paddled out to see some Green Sea Turtles!!!


I didn't have my phone with me when I spotted the sea turtles near the end of the rock wall but got some good pictures earlier while paddling around.


The other kayaking local was using an Intex Challenger K1 inflatable kayak that is a lot less expensive than the Advance Elements Island Voyage 2.  She was having a good time headed out with confidence past the rock wall.


The beach has close by parking.  I rolled the kayak down Waianae Valley Rd from West Coast SUP to the beach without too much effort.  They will deliver to the beach if you reserve in advance.


There were some young local sailors learning how to sail.  The breeze was steady and nice!


On the water traffic from local SUPs was light.  The sailors kept their distance and tacked when needed to avoid the paddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment